Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cow Bashing AKA You Dirty Fat Bastard

     Okay well first I have an update blog in the works but I read an article today that turned my stomach ill and some of the comments following the article were just as vile. Here is a snippet from the article 
"No two situations are the same. If you are fat and nasty and you don’t like the way you look, do something about it. It’s simple.
When you take a shower and you put your fat, nasty body in the shower and by the time you get out, the mirrors are all steamed up so you don’t look at what you did to yourself. That may sound offensive or insensitive but ultimately, you are big as hell because you have earned that shit. You worked your ass off to eat everything in sight to get big as hell.
If you got a problem with the way you look, then you need to do something about it. Excuses sound best to the people that’s making them up." - Tyrese (yes the same Tyrese from the Fast and the Furious franchise)
http://hellogiggles.com/an-open-letter-to-tyrese-from-a-fat-girl-fan (check the article out here and as always mad props to the hello giggles team them ladies are awesome)
Well first I am going to start with the first sentence; if not for the phrase "fat and nasty" it rings a very true message if you don't like how you look do something about it, however I also disagree with the" it's simple" statement because while yes the thought of okay I don't like it I'm going to change myself is simple its not just that simple to make changes, how about we rephrase that to say it's simple to start, because it's not simple to do. Also he then goes on about putting your fat nasty body in the shower and you worked your off ass to eat everything in sight. WOW, ignorant much, no sir not everyone who is overweight worked their asses off to get fat and regardless how they got there losing weight isn't as easy as gaining. Now first I get that the overall message he was trying to portray was a positive one because I believe to sum it up he is simply saying that you do yourself no favors making excuses for the way you look if you don't like it do something about it. Now see isn't that a much nicer approach then say calling every one fat and nasty and excusing them of eating their way into obesity
 
   Now this brings me to an important message. STOP FAT BASHING, I get it  some of you just think fat people are gross and that is your right but you start infringing on other peoples right to a peaceful existence when you start throwing stones and shaming people because of their weight. Your also more than likely a contributing factor to the "obesity epidemic". How are you a factor you ask , well simple some people are fat due to over eating because they eat for comfort and when you shame them and make them feel so low they go home and eat until they feel better, so yeah its your fault they are fat how about that. No I'm not seriously blaming you, but seriously when you fat bash you aren't helping the problem. However,it is important to remember that the root of someones weight gain may not be as simple as overeating in fact there are other possible causes : Medical causes of obesity can include:

  • Hypothyroidism. This is a condition where the thyroid gland, located in the neck, produces too little thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone regulates our metabolism. So too little hormone slows the metabolism and often causes weight gain. If your doctor suspects thyroid disease as a cause of your obesity, he or she may perform blood tests to check your hormone levels.
  • Cushing's syndrome. This condition results when the adrenal glands (located on top of each kidney) produce an excess amount of a steroid hormone called cortisol. This leads to a build-up of fat in characteristic sites such as the face, upper back, and abdomen.
  • Depression. Some people with depression overeat, which can lead to obesity.

There are also certain inherited conditions and other diseases of the brain that can cause excess weight gain.
Certain medications, notably steroids, some antidepressants, high blood pressure drugs, and seizure medications can also cause increased body weight.
A doctor can determine if any of these conditions or treatments are responsible for your obesity.
There you have it not everyone is fat because of overeating there are several possible other options. For me I was doing good maintaining my weight and losing weight then I came off Yasmin and put on over 50lbs in 2 months the thing is my diet and exercise hadn't changed I was still eating good and working out. So please tell me again how I at myself fat. In fact I count my calories now and I hardly ever eat 2000 and I struggle to eat 1200and I workout everyday . I eat through out the day, small things like Greek yogurt and jello for snacks, slim fast if I'm just really needing something sweet(i don't like sweets and slim fast is perfect for me) I eat salads for lunch most days, on occasion I eat something else I am human and get tired of the same ole thing, my dinners usually consists of 1 meat and 2 vegetables so please explain to me again how I ate myself into obesity. I eat proper portion sizes i.e if 1 cup =130 calories I eat 1 cup etc. So it kills me when I see people say oh its just as simple as eating right and exercising because to that I say HA, I have been exercising and eating right and while I am starting to tone up and lose weight its a slow process(REALLY EFFING SLOW) with lots of plateaus and changes, see why people give up there is little reward at first and you get really frustrated. Also, it isn't as simple as getting up and saying okay today I will be thin because it doesn't work like that. Which  brings me to my next point, here I go busting my ass all day everyday trying to make sure I eat right , I exercise right, that I am doing something about it but then you run into the Tyrese's of the world and there are a lot of them and while they don't know my struggles , they don't know I am doing something about they are quick to judge and assume I am fat therefore I am lazy and I ate myself into this condition.THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATION JACK ASSES . People I am not saying its your job to say kind words and be encouraging, if you don't like fat people your entitled to your opinion, but what I am saying is that if you don't think its your job to be motivational then it sure as hell isn't your job to be judgmental and condemn someone for their weight either. Point blank if your not going to be motivational then shut your mouth, I see people posting pics of a fat girl at the beach wearing her bathing suit and making comments like ewwwwww thats nasty - really she is at the beach what would you have her wear a mumu ,not go swimming(good exercise btw) not be comfortable just because you think she is ugly.Even better I have seen videos were a big girl is on a treadmill, running or some other exercise when she trips, flips, falls and goes down and people start going off on her weight saying things like " haha fatty broke the bar","maybe if she wasn't fat she wouldn't have fell", and my personal favorite"eww maybe she should kill herself". WOW people are you really so flawless that you think its okay to insult someone like that and here we go back to my point ,what I see when I see those videos is a person attempting to do something about their weight, they were after all working out when the incident happened, but instead of people just laughing at a fall they start in on her weight and I'm sorry but did you miss the part of the video where at least she is doing something about her weight. Obviously they did  because all they saw was a fat girl and felt a need to start in on her and call her lazy,ugly, and etc.
  So I will conclude my angry rant with this , " If your not a doctor you have no business talking about someone else's weight , if you don't like it don't look and just keep walking , keeping your mouth shut." You never know if its a medical reason they are overweight, if it is over eating , and most importantly you don't know if they are trying to better themselves or not so just SHUT YOUR EFFING PIE HOLE. 

p.s This means skinny bashing as well , granted I personally would rather have skinny girl problems vs fat girl problems, its still the same concept you never know a persons struggles and what they are doing(if anything) to "fix" what you feel is a problem. Also just because you see a problem doesn't mean they do or that the problem is with them. A lot of times we see problems in others because we are afraid of our own reflection in the mirror. 

p.s.s -- CANT WE ALL JUST LOVE AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER.
  
not cows but its the main message lol . Try to forget all the people with the ill words and try to just remember that how you see yourself matters the most. "Haters gunna hate-yo". LMAO





all pictures obtained from google I do not own the rights I borrowed from google and they just fit i do not claim the pictures as my own creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment