Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why cant i cover two different topics in one post?Changing plans and marriage equality

At this point do I need to put a warning ;)
    So when plans change I feel about like the cow above ready to strike, scream, or eat anyone or anything that comes in my path. So what has made me so angry this week well let me start with this OUR GOVERNMENT SUCKS. So I am in the process of changing majors and I was slated to start April 9th in the new program, so I have been totally psyched out and ready, even got things confirmed. Then my financial aid adviser calls to inform me that things have changed and so recently in fact he didn't know until he was in the process of getting me processed. What is this change ? As explained to me and my understanding. It was that previously if you were in a masters program you just had to complete 25 hours and could change majors well now you have to wait for the financial year(ie first started Aug 13th have to wait for that date again)- FYI this is the loan departments thing NOT the schools so this will effect anyone. The messed up thing about this is technically I still have open and available aid this year they just won't let me use it to change majors, I'm unhappy about this at the least but I will make due with it because that is what I do- Smile nod and just get psyched up for August.

 Now, the big discussion this week is on marriage equality, okay so being honest when is this not a big issue recently. Here is my thought on this - Whatever Floats your Boat - seriously people if it doesn't effect you personally then why are you so concerned about stopping something. What people do in their own homes is their business and being honest they will continue to do whatever they want whether we allow them to be married and HELL in a country with divorce rates as high as they are maybe the "gays and lesbians" can help lower that divorce rate statistic, maybe it will still continue to rise but maybe it won't who knows. However, at the end of the day people will still go home to the person they love whether or not you allow them to call themselves married or not so why not allow it, why not allow them to have a person to legally have and to hold for better or worse till death do them part. Also,I read so many things about people claiming they are Christian and that this is an abomination and sin etc etc and they preach nothing but hate filled words and judgement so while I may not be Christian I found an interesting passage that I believe fills this situation perfectly .(my point isn't that being Christian is bad its just I thought being Christian meant being free from hate so why preach hate to prove a point)

Romans 14:1-4

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.







Now everything is open to interpretation in life and I don't claim to fully understand the Bible or Christianity I just believe in being a good person and I really think this passage expresses that(should also note here that for my passage that proves my point I'm sure you can find one that proves yours, but I like this one because it speaks, in my opinion, to just being a general morally sound and tolerant person). My interpretation is to welcome those who believe differently do not fight about your opinions and do not judge one other for a difference. In all I take a passage about being tolerant if you do not believe that marriage equality is right, well then so be it , but don't preach a message full of hate when it is much easier to just accept you are different and move on because in the end there will be one judge and it is not you. Now again this is my interpretation of this if you feel it is wrong ,well again that is your opinion. I just can't stand to see so many people trying to hold their heads and noses up at the world and claiming to be so much better than another person but yet spill nothing but hatred out of their mouth if you want to pose an argument do so without spewing hate that is all I am saying. Why can't we all just get along? LOL. Seriously though my take is if it floats your boat that's great just don't go trying to rock mine and keep your boat shows away from my kids and that goes for gay, straight, bi-sexual, tri-sexual , and well shit any kind of sexual preferences, my kids don't need to see two people pawing each other regardless of gender preference. =)






No comments:

Post a Comment